We have a problem at our house. It affects everyone in our family. We are addicted.
I'm talking about technology, of course. Clayton's iPhone, my itouch... Such wonderful games. It becomes quite the fight some days, as to who gets to play them when and for how long. And we can't forget the tv, with the wii and that fantastic invention....the DVR. All our favorite shows, at our fingertips at any time. I am guilty of using it as a babysitter. And after a long day at work, there's nothing I want more than to plop myself down on the couch and zone out in front of the tv for one or two or five hours.
But, no more. I've decided it's gotten out of control and gone on way too long. We are starting anew. From now on, tv and phone time will be earned. Starting tomorrow, all technology time will be rewarded in 15 minute slots. Ways to earn technology time include but are not limited to: cleaning your room, cleaning your bathroom, taking your toys and clothes out of the living room and kitchen, helping mom and dad whenever you are asked, being caught being kind to someone else, ect. This rule will include mom and dad, because one of the wonders of the DVR is that the tv can be off all day, and you can still watch your favorite shows at night. And Heavenly Father will almost definately be more interested with what we did with our children than with what went down on NCIS this year. Although, special exceptions may be made for long work days ;)
I'll let you know how it goes.....
No comments:
Post a Comment