Bloch Family

Bloch Family
....families are forever

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

...In a Rut

I have stunk at blogging lately. But in my defense, this tiny demon is a full time job.
 
 
 
So a lot has happened, that I'll need to catch up on. We've had two birthday parties, Ethan was baptized, Clayton threw me a sweet surprise party for my 30th (eek!) birthday, we even adopted a dog. But here lately....
 
 
I've been in a rut.
 
 
I have no idea why or how I even realized. But I suddenly have a yearning for change, for some more color in my life. I've decided to work on my house some more.  I still love the black and brown, but I need some color.

 
So I've been working on it a little bit at a time.  It's slow going, but I'm getting it.
 
 
 
 
 The lamp is my first addition. Of course what I was drawn to was black and brown. So I added the rosettes. I like it a lot.

 
So this is no color whatsoever. But I'm proud of it. I stained it and added wheels to use as a toy box in the living room.
 


 
 
 
 So just little touches here and there so far. It was Jacque's idea to change out the B on my wreath. Thanks, Jacque! I found this sign that I LOVE. Of course it's *ahem* black and white. 

 But this is my major problem area. It's just so PLAIN. I've been thinking and pinterest-ing a lot, and I'm thinking a photo ledge with my temple picture, the happily ever after sign and some new family phtotos. I'm mulling over either spray painting some frames blue, or using a blue or turquoise background in our photos with black frames.

 
I JUST DON'T KNOW! I'd love to hear your comments and ideas. I'm working my way out of this rut, a little at a time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment