Bloch Family

Bloch Family
....families are forever

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Jordy's Room


 

 
 This is my little princess.  When I planned her room, I wanted it to be a girly as possible.  We've been there, done that with the boy stuff.


The sign above her bed was painted by my awesome sister-in-law, Brenda. 


So all her stuff is very princess-y.  See her glass slipper, magic mirror, and picture of her future castle? (if this is not your castle, you are not her prince.) 

 
 
I made this mobile out of her diaper stacker, because come on. Who really uses those? Seriously, completely useless. Even if you fill them up at first, by the time your baby is two months you've stopped. I cut out the flowers that match the bedding, and used buttons, ribbons and embroidery hoops to do the rest.
 
 
I bought this at duck, duck, goose before I even knew I was having a girl.  It was purely wishful thinking.
 
 
My cousins gave me this shadow box at my shower. Isn't she cute in her crown?
 
 
My mom found this baby bed and we painted it to match her room. I absolutely love the girly stuff.
 

 This is another painting my sister-in-law did for us. Isn't she talented?

 
 
Here's the whole room together.  I tried really hard to take pictures that excluded the large green dinosaur that doesn't match anything else whatsoever.  It was in the boys room, and when I redid it in a superhero theme, I tried to get rid of it (sorry mom).  Unfortunately for me, her royal highness claimed it as hers before it made it past the living room.
                                                           
pay no attention to the dinosaur in the corner
 
Now for the depressing part.  I decided awhile ago that when I moved her out of the crib, I'd redo her room.  After I finished taking pictures of her room today, I laid her down for a nap and she climbed out of her bed.  Which means, I guess, it's time to move to a bigger bed.  Super depressing.  But the good news is that I have a beautiful quilt that I'm planning on using to inspire the rest of her room.  I got it at my shower from a sister at our church who is spectacular at quilting.  I also have a dresser that was an awesome yard-sale find.  So I am excited. Mostly sad, though.  I'll be sure to do another post when I finish her new room.
 
isn't is gorgeous?



-Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment