Bloch Family

Bloch Family
....families are forever

Sunday, April 7, 2013

My Newfound Respect for Photographers....

So I decided to do my own family photos this year. I planned out outfits, borrowed a camera, and asked my sister to come help.  What could possibly go wrong?

It was miserable. 

The kids were not happy and didn't want to do it.  They whined the. whole. time.  If they weren't whining, they were smiling like psychopaths. Or Ben had his tongue hanging out of his mouth.  Or Jordy had her fingers in her mouth. Or Ethan was hiding behind another person. You get the idea. 

I mean, how do photographers do this?  They are my own children who I love more than life itself, and I wanted to pull my hair out.  I seriously had to take a break every once in awhile, because I'd get so frustrated.  I suppose it wasn't THAT bad for a first time, even though I couldn't figure out how to work the manual mode, my kids were demons, and I forgot to suck in my tummy in most of the pictures (now that I've said that, everyone is going to look for it.) 


So here's a few of our first homemade family photo session:



Jordy wouldn't keep her fingers out of her mouth!



my guys


 



the love of my life



we'll just pretend I wasn't muttering ugly things to him!


I love these!



nobody's tongue is sticking out, so it'll work!




daddy is wrapped around her fingers




these two are such goofs!



I love this face!

 


hurry take it quick before she looks!

 

  A huge shout out to my brother Jon and my sister Rachel, who helped me get these done! Rachel took every picture that I'm in, and Jon did whatever it took to keep Jordy looking in the general direction of the camera.  I love you guys!

-Dana

1 comment:

  1. I think they're great. :) Plus all those sweet memories you'll have when you look at them -- haha! (I am infamous with my children for how I behave during family photo sessions - ouch). Anyway now you have the digital files for free to do whatever your little heart desires. . .

    ReplyDelete